Posts for: August, 2016
BOTOX injections create a smooth, more youthful look for men and women. So popular and effective that 10.9 million doses have been applied in the US alone since 2002, BOTOX works especially well around and between the eyes. Dr. Ann Zedlitz of Z Aesthetic Dermatology in Baton Rogue and Praireville, LA recommends BOTOX for qualified, healthy patients. In fact, Dr. Zedlitz tries every aesthetic procedure on herself before she offers it to any of her patients!
What to Know about BOTOX
Here are some frequently asked questions about BOTOX that Dr. Z encounters in her dermatology practice:
1. What exactly is BOTOX? BOTOX is a pharmaceutical form of the the bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. It is the identical micro-organism that sometimes causes food poisoning. As a medicinal preparation, however, the bacteria achieve important therapeutic effects, including obviating facial wrinkles, controlling an overactive urinary bladder and eliminating migraine headaches.
2. Where is BOTOX applied? Board-certified physicians who are specifically trained in BOTOX therapy apply the treatment as intramuscular injections at the side of the eyes and between the eye brows. These areas commonly experience dynamic wrinkling associated with the movement of facial muscles during smiling and frowning. BOTOX effectively relaxes those muscles so line are far less obvious.
3. Do the injections hurt? Most Praireville and Baton Rouge dermatology patients say these injections (3 to 4 per area) feel like a mosquito bite or pinch. Afterwards, they may experience some redness, soreness, bruising and mild swelling at the injection sites. Dr. Zedlitz may use a local anesthetic in cream form on the treated areas. Actual treatment time is about 10 minutes or so.
4. Is BOTOX permanent? No, BOTOX injections do not produce permanent results. The changes are noticeable 1 to 2 days after the treatments and last up to 4 months.
5. Who can get BOTOX Cosmetic? Dr. Zedlitz ensures her adult patients are healthy enough to receive BOTOX injections or any aesthetic medical treatment. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery asserts that about 10 percent of all BOTOX Cosmetic patients are adult males. Women who are pregnant or lactating should postpone BOTOX services.
Enjoy a Refreshed Appearance
Dr. Ann Zedlitz is a board-certified dermatologist and "Expert Injector" of BOTOX Cosmetic. If you are interested in learning more about this trusted skin and wrinkle treatment, contact Dr. Z's team in Praireville and Baton Rouge for an consultation today. Phone (225) 778-7540.
Our Prayers are with those affected by the devastation. We love our patients and stand strong with you!
Love, Dr. Z & The Z Team
SAFE. SIMPLE. SUCCESSFUL.
The Laser Experts at Z Aesthetic Dermatology can help you make nail fungus disappear. Treatments are quick, with no downtime, no medications, and no dangerous side effects. Call today to learn more. 225-778-7540