Posts for tag: Botox
No matter how well you care for your skin, fine lines and wrinkles tend to appear as you get older. Botox injections help smooth lines, making you appear more youthful. Injectables are just one of the anti-aging treatments Baton Rouge, LA, dermatologist, Dr. Ann Zedlitz of Z Aesthetic Dermatology, offers.
What is Botox?
Botox is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved treatment that uses small amounts of the purified botulinum toxin to reduce lines and wrinkles. Once injected, Botox relaxes facial muscles that contract when you frown, laugh, or make other facial expressions. Although you'll probably begin to notice an improvement a few days after your treatment, the full effects won't be noticeable for about two weeks. For the next three months or longer, your fine lines and wrinkles will be smoother and less visible. If you want to maintain your results, you'll simply schedule a follow-up appointment with your Baton Rouge, LA dermatologist.
When it Botox used?
Do you have permanent horizontal lines on forehead due to raising your eyebrows or furrowing your brow when you concentrate? Lines on your forehead can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance and avoid hairstyles that leave your forehead exposed. Botox injections smooth your forehead lines and increase your hairstyle choices.
Frowning or squinting causes vertical lines that look like the number eleven to form between your eyes. Unfortunately, these lines tend to make people look tired or angry when they're perfectly happy and well-rested. Injecting a little Botox into the lines offers a simple way to refresh your appearance. Botox injectables also minimize the appearance of crow's feet and lines that appear around the mouth.
Are Botox injections painful?
Botox injections may sting a little, but most people don't notice any pain. Before you receive your injections, a topical anesthetic may be applied to your face to minimize any discomfort. After your treatment, you can continue on with your normal activities, although you should avoid massaging the treated area or exercising for several hours.
Enhance your appearance with Botox. Call our Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA, dermatologist, Dr. Zedlitz of Z Aesthetic Dermatology, at (225) 778-7540 to schedule your appointment.
It's true. You checked the mirror again. Those crow's feet around your eyes and the lines between your eyebrows have deepened, becoming more noticeable. What can you do to change those wrinkles? Dr. Ann Zedlitz of Z Aesthetic Dermatology in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA, uses BOTOX Cosmetic to help patients who desire a more refreshed appearance. Injected into the muscles at the outer canthus of the eyes, between the brows, around the mouth and on the forehead and neck, this highly popular wrinkle treatment literally smooths facial lines for months.
The details on BOTOX in Baton Rouge and Prairieville
Approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2002 for aesthetic purposes, BOTOX injectables are a purified, pharmaceutical-grade form of the Botulinum Toxin A. When Dr. Zedlitz determines that a patient's personal appearance and self-image could be helped by this minimally-invasive cosmetic treatment, she schedules some short appointments at Z Aesthetic Dermatology.
As a fully-credentialed dermatologist and Expert Injector for BOTOX, Dr. Z has seen excellent results from BOTOX injections around the eyes and for the brows, depending on patient preference and need. The BOTOX serum actually limits the movement of selected muscles in the areas of dynamic wrinkling--in other words, on parts of the face where the skin moves as the patient smiles, frowns, laughs and speaks.
The injections themselves take about ten minutes during which patients experience no more than a pinching sensation. Afterward, the injected areas may be slightly red and puffy, but this quickly resolves. The optimal smoothing results from BOTOX appear within three to seven days and last literally for months with occasional touch-ups.
Could BOTOX help you?
The answer lies in a one-in-one consultation with Dr. Zedlitz at Z Aesthetic Dermatology. She'll examine your areas of concern, take a full medical history and help you decide how you want your facial appearance to change. She may recommend BOTOX Cosmetic or other treatments such as dermal fillers to help you look and feel your very best.
To schedule an appointment Baton Rouge or at the Prairieville office, call (225) 778-7540 for a consultation.
BOTOX injections create a smooth, more youthful look for men and women. So popular and effective that 10.9 million doses have been applied in the US alone since 2002, BOTOX works especially well around and between the eyes. Dr. Ann Zedlitz of Z Aesthetic Dermatology in Baton Rogue and Praireville, LA recommends BOTOX for qualified, healthy patients. In fact, Dr. Zedlitz tries every aesthetic procedure on herself before she offers it to any of her patients!
What to Know about BOTOX
Here are some frequently asked questions about BOTOX that Dr. Z encounters in her dermatology practice:
1. What exactly is BOTOX? BOTOX is a pharmaceutical form of the the bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. It is the identical micro-organism that sometimes causes food poisoning. As a medicinal preparation, however, the bacteria achieve important therapeutic effects, including obviating facial wrinkles, controlling an overactive urinary bladder and eliminating migraine headaches.
2. Where is BOTOX applied? Board-certified physicians who are specifically trained in BOTOX therapy apply the treatment as intramuscular injections at the side of the eyes and between the eye brows. These areas commonly experience dynamic wrinkling associated with the movement of facial muscles during smiling and frowning. BOTOX effectively relaxes those muscles so line are far less obvious.
3. Do the injections hurt? Most Praireville and Baton Rouge dermatology patients say these injections (3 to 4 per area) feel like a mosquito bite or pinch. Afterwards, they may experience some redness, soreness, bruising and mild swelling at the injection sites. Dr. Zedlitz may use a local anesthetic in cream form on the treated areas. Actual treatment time is about 10 minutes or so.
4. Is BOTOX permanent? No, BOTOX injections do not produce permanent results. The changes are noticeable 1 to 2 days after the treatments and last up to 4 months.
5. Who can get BOTOX Cosmetic? Dr. Zedlitz ensures her adult patients are healthy enough to receive BOTOX injections or any aesthetic medical treatment. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery asserts that about 10 percent of all BOTOX Cosmetic patients are adult males. Women who are pregnant or lactating should postpone BOTOX services.
Enjoy a Refreshed Appearance
Dr. Ann Zedlitz is a board-certified dermatologist and "Expert Injector" of BOTOX Cosmetic. If you are interested in learning more about this trusted skin and wrinkle treatment, contact Dr. Z's team in Praireville and Baton Rouge for an consultation today. Phone (225) 778-7540.