Biggest Procedures Of 2018
Skip the hospital visits, recovery time, and pain meds—this year’s most popular aesthetic treatments will have you swapping the knife for the needle. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures have increased 200% since 2000, with 15.7 million procedures performed in 2017. We asked Chevy Chase, MD plastic surgeon Shervin Naderi, MD about which treatments and procedures he’s seen on the rise in his office. Read on to find out!
1. Non-surgical rhinoplasty (price varies by location, average $700*/syringe) – During this procedure (which is sometimes referred as the “5-minute nose job”), a doctor will inject a temporary hyaluronic filler (like Restylane®) into the nose to give better definition and symmetry. It’s a great option for those looking for immediate nasal reshaping without any surgery or downtime.
2. Tear trough injections (average $700*/syringe) – Dark circles and deep shadows under the eyes are common, and it used to be a tough problem to correct. Now, doctors can easily fill in the depressed tear trough with fillers like Restylane and Juvéderm Voluma® for a more rested, youthful undereye appearance.
3. Lip injections (average $700*/syringe) – Lip injections have been around for a while, but since celebrities started talking about them, lip filler appointments have skyrocketed. Juvéderm and Restylane are used to create more fullness, symmetry, and an overall better pout.
4. Non-surgical cheek and chin augmentation (average $700*/syringe) – Cheeks and chins used to only be augmented with implants. Now, doctors are using fillers like Restylane Lyft or Juvéderm Voluma to add better projection to both areas. Fillers in the chin create more balance to the face and a better neckline, while fillers in the cheekbones, add lift, shape and help create a more heart-shaped face.
5. Non-surgical buttock augmentation (average $1000*/syringe – Most patients need multiple syringes.) – Everyone wants a great butt, and thanks to Sculptra®, patients can have one. Sculptra is made from an injectable synthetic material (called poly-L-lactic acid), which stimulates collagen production and can be naturally absorbed in the body. Sculptra can be used to create a more feminine, full derriere in the office, without surgery.
If you’ve been thinking about getting one of these non-invasive procedures done, now is the time to do it—fillers are at an all-time high in the U.S., and more doctors are offering these types of treatments throughout the country. Before paying for one of these services with your general purpose credit card, consider looking into CareCredit.com/nb.
Not your average credit card, CareCredit® allows cardholders to pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by medical insurance, with special financing options that you might not get with other credit cards.** CareCredit® is accepted in over 200,000 providers nationwide, and offers special financing options on purchases of $200 or more.** Whether you’re looking for fuller cheekbones or wanting that celeb derriere, CareCredit® can help you get there.
*All filler average cost data: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/dermal-fillers/cost
**Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. See carecredit.com for details.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors and/or medical providers with respect to any information presented. Synchrony and any of its affiliates, including CareCredit®, (collectively, “Synchrony”) makes no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Note: Procedure costs will vary by doctor.