There are many factors that can affect the quality of your skin, but if you take the proper steps to care for your skin, you can keep your face feeling youthful and fresh for longer. You should know the proper steps and tips for skincare to help keep your skin radiant. Dr. Ann Zedlitz at Z Aesthetic Dermatology in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA, can give you five skincare tips to help keep your skin nourished and glowing.
5 Skin Care Tips
- Wash your face twice a day. You should be using lukewarm water in order to keep your skin from drying out. It’s also important to use a gentle cleanser so that you don’t harm or damage your skin. Your dermatologist in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA, can recommend a cleanser that would work with your skin type and improve your skincare. You should also be using a micro-fiber cloth to gently cleanse your face.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week. You can use a scrub-free glycolic or salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and keep your skin rejuvenated. Using a scrub-free acid helps protect your skin from rough materials and damage.
- Apply a serum and moisturizer to your skin. This can help your skin retain the water it needs to stay supple and youthful.
- Wear SPF 30 every day. Even if it doesn’t seem particularly sunny, you could still be at risk for sun damage. If you’re going outside, you should always be sure to wear sunscreen to help protect your skin.
- Always remove your makeup at night. You should also be sure to have times throughout the day where your face is free of makeup so that you can avoid having blocked pores.
Contact Your Dermatologist Today!
Find out how you can care for your skin! Contact Dr. Ann Zedlitz at Z Aesthetic Dermatology in Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA, to learn about skincare and what you should be doing. Call for more information today at (225) 778-7540.